Google

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Reproductive Immunology Test Results

Unfortunately for us, we tested positive for Category 1, 3 and 5. What rotten luck for us....

Again the, immunologist tried to explain the treatment to us but it was so complicated. He recommended lymphocyte immunotheraphy (LIT), heparin, aspirin, prednisone, and IVIG as treatment for the 3 categories that we tested positive.

I didn't understand everything and it was quite difficult to ask him to explain in lay mans term what the treatment involved. So I resorted to researching again on my own.

I tried looking for similar cases in the Philippines but I really didn't know anyone. If indeed there were some, most of them were on positive for Category 1.

This was so frustrating for me, it seems that our problems were neverending in our desire to have a child. Why us? There are a lot of people in my country who couldn't even take care of their children but here we are exhausting all means just to have a child.

In my quest to understand the treatment, I found out that some of the recommended treatments were not even allowed on certain countries. Some had side effects and some treatments were not even successful. What bothered me the most was the thought of having all these medicines pumped into my body, my immune system will be tampered with and yet the success rate was at only 25% without even considering the side effects.

I was in so much pain, I was so confused whether to undergo all these treatments despite my concerns and hesitations. What if the treatment will just mess up with my body? What if complications will occur and it will just prevent us from having a baby.

We went back to the Ob/Gyn after consulting the immunologist and he was recommending that we undergo the treatment and then go through iui or ivf.

On top of this, we also found out that my husbands sperm had low motility levels.

Talk about obstacles in conceiving a baby. How lucky can we get? I am just thankful that my husband is very supportive.

Hubby and I decided to weigh our options before deciding what to do next.

No comments: