Google

Monday, September 24, 2007

First Appointment w/ Our Homeopathic Doctor

It was the first time that we had a consultation with a doctor that took 2 hours. She started off with a long questionnaire that both hubby and I should fill up indivifually.

Everything that you can think of was there especially the medical background that included mine and my parents. I had to indicate if my parents went through any operation, hospitalization, etc. I found it kinda weird because I was thinking what's the connection in our desire to conceive again.

During the consultation, she was telling me that in homeopathy we don't just deal with the physical state but also the emotional/psychological health of the person. She asked me on how describe myself, what do I like doing, what kind of work I was involved in, etc.

An hour later during our consultation, she asked me how did you feel and how are you feeling now after the miscarriage? I felt that I have moved on and that I was completely over it (3 years after the miscarriage. But when I was about to answer her, I felt myself choking up and being teary eyed. I told her how devastated I was and that I was really looking forward to having a baby then. I said there were times that I'd still remember the baby and I'd really cry when I remember. She asked me, do you talk to your baby? Are you really at peace with your baby?

I asked why, she said that even though we may appear that we have healed physically. Our body can still sense the trauma, sadness and apprehensions that we feel. It could sense whether we are ready or not. She asked me I was ready to conceive again and I immediately said yes. The doctor said that I have to make sure that I have healed completely.

After that, it was my husbands turn. She also asked the same thing as well as how he felt when we lost the baby. He also shared his feeling but I guess as typical guys would do, he sounded and felt like he was healed already.

From there, she recommended that we have our usual blood test (CBC/LDL, etc. analysis), sperm analysis for hubby. She also requested that we remove pork in our diet because pork is like the human body that its so alike that the tendency is for our body to retail thus causing our increased in weight. She also prescribed nux vomica, gallium heel, berberis, and lymphonuosat for our detox treatment. We took this with 1 liter of mineral water everyday. Then she prescribed bronchalis heel for our lungs since we both smoke. Another medicine, strumeel to complement my conventional/synthetic medicine for my thyroid.

By the way aside from that she also prepared us to be ready with our change in lifestyle. Softdrinks, sweets and coffee should be taken less often and if possible none. Drink lots of water because we were too dry. Of course we were asked to be ready to quit smoking.

Lastly, she also asked our commitment level. We both said that we are ready.

Whew, it was a hard start for us because it was complete change in lifestyle.

No comments: