Google

Friday, January 11, 2008

Traumatized Cervix

Just came from my doctor today and our main topic during my consultation was my cervix. She said that there is something that is going on that's why I noticed all these changes.

Just a background, my menstruation never really went back to the way it used to after my D&C. Now its very light and very short. During my last menses, it was just 2 days then on my 3rd day my discharge was brownish and thick. According to her, these are similar discharges after one has had a miscarriage. Apparently, after the physiological release, its not time for the actual physical release.

I was telling my doctor that my cervix was really traumatized during my D&C because she didn't really want to dilate. My OB at that time placed several medicines just to soften my cervix to make it easy for her to do the D&C. It really took time before it softened. This actually just occurred to me while we were discussing what is causing my brownish discharge. My OB said that this might also be an indication that there might be some inflammation going on and this should be addressed because this will also contribute to my having difficulty in conceiving.

Another observation she had was that I was starting to be in touch with my body. The mere fact that I started referring to my cervix and that I was expressing her feelings meant that I almost over in my healing process.

All in all she was very happy with my developments. She just reminded me to be very observant on my body and to take note of any changes, movements, etc.

After the medicine she gave me, my cervix will hopefully be fully recovered from the trauma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I've just started following your blog.

Where are you in your cycle? I'm on day 5 and just started my clomid 50 mg (days 3-7) for the third cycle.

Maybe we can be cycle buddies? :o}

I wish you the best of luck in your fertility journey! I know it isn't an easy thing to endure.

Rhoda said...

Hi brandy, welcome to my blog. I'm currently at day 11 of my cycle so I'm nearing my ovulation period :)

Hmm, why not?cycle buddies, that's something new :)

I also wish you luck on your endeavor and I hope that you also get your wish soon.

Petula said...

I feel like I'm intruding, but I want to just wish you all the best. It sounds like you're on the right path and I hope the priest is able to help you.

Much luck with everything and a speedy healing and conception!