Google

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I AM FINALLY PREGNANT!!!

Just to continue my story from my previous post, we did proceed with the IUI last July 31, a day after we saw this new OB. Based on the ultrasound, it looks like I already ovulated but he said let's proceed with the IUI since everything seemed ready.

So with no medicines, no injections just the needed sperm washing we did the IUI. I did not really have high hopes that it will be successful since we have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years and I've heard that the success rate for IUI is relatively low.

For the next 2 weeks after that I limited my activities. I didn't even go to the gym. A few days after my IUI, my breasts were tender already. So I felt that I was going to have my period since I normally have tender breasts a week before my period is due.

I saw my homeopathic OB and I shared everything that happened. She said it seemed like everything just fell into place. She did an IE and she said she felt some movements on my right ovary. There was an on-going activity there and when she checked my ultrasound she was right that my dominant follicle was on the right ovary. At that point both us were hoping for the best.

Then I had a dream that my baby will be born April 1. Upon waking up, I immediately counted whether it was the right month if I was indeed pregnant, it was like 3 weeks ahead of my due date. It gave me hope that I was actually pregnant but I didn't really want to raise my expectations because I would really be devastated if it turned out negative.

I started having cravings and was always hungry. Again, I didn't about it that much since these are the same symptoms when I'm about to get my period.

The entire 2 weeks I kept on praying and even bargaining with God. To the extent I offered several sacrifices just for our wish to come true.

It was the longest days of my life. I couldn't wait to reach day 30 of my cycle to take the test. So day 14, before going to sleep, I took a test and there was a very faint 2nd line. I thought it was just nothing and it was a false positive. Day 29, again before going to sleep because I couldn't wait for my first morning urine, I saw 2 lines. It was positive but the second line was not as clear as the first line. But in that instant I somehow knew I was pregnant. I couldn't wait for morning to come to do another test. I couldn't sleep, I was too excited. I slept at around 4 am and woke up at 6 am. Took the test, cried buckets of tears. I was literally sobbing and woke up my husband to share the news. We were just hugging for a few minutes while I kept on crying. After that, I was just too excited and couldn't go back to sleep. My husband called my mother in law to share the news while I called my Mom. I was crying again while talking to them because I was just too ecstatic about the pregnancy.

I had my first ultrasound yesterday and everything is normal and okay.

I really need prayers that this will be a healthy pregnancy and baby.

My prayer goes to all who has been hoping to have a baby as well. God Bless You!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! stay healthy and happy always. Finally, God has answered your prayers . . .

Sana i'll get pregnant na rin . .

betya72

Rhoda said...

thanks sis, i'll pray for you as well.

Anonymous said...

congrats sis...

i am so excited and happy for you.. it is as if i got pregnant myself..

Take care and may you have a safe journey on your pregnancy.

Be healthy always and God bless.

Rhoda said...

thank you so much sis, i truly appreciate what you've said.

God Bless you as well :)

just another wife said...

OMG! i missed a lot! I was in a suspended animation and here you are pregnant. I am so happy for you sister and I will include you and your little peanut in my prayers.

Rhoda said...

thanks sis ivy :) i will also pray for you para you'll be blessed soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats sis! God is good talaga!
I can relate to your journey, i'm TTC as well and I love hearing great news of pregnancy. God bless!

-wifey of GT

Rhoda said...

thanks sis wifey, God is indeed good. i'll also pray for you to be able to conceive soon :)

Anonymous said...

naiyak naman ako sa post mo...after years of trying to conceive, ayan na ang baby...God bless you...