Google

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Moving On With My Journey

Not pregnant yet since I got my period yesterday. I had a bout of depression and it was my husband who actually gave me the strength to up and about again. He said that maybe Rico and Ramon will be Christmas babies. He really made me smile when he said that and I quickly recovered from my depression.

Anyway, I started taking my pre-natal multi vitamins and epa (eicosapentaenoic acid
) and dha (docosahexaenoic acid) as prescribed by my doctor.

This was the first time I heard about EPA and DHA so I asked what was the relevance of this supplement for pregnant women. My doctor said that it will help in the brain and retina development of the fetus and during the first few months after birth. DHA is also thought to lower the risks of premature birth, low birth weight, and post-partum depression. I also read articles in the internet and a lot were saying that this supplement is not only beneficial for pregnant women but is also beneficial to improve one's health.

Moving on with my journey :)