Google

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

@ 5 months

I am officially 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant as of today. I have been too lazy lately that's why I have not been able to update my blog. Plus the fact that I can't really stay long in front of the computer because I easily get a headache.

I decided to update this today because we reached another milestone in my pregnancy. Today I had my congenital anomaly scan at St. Luke's. Weeks before having the scan, my prayer this time was for a normal and healthy baby. That the scan result will yield a very good result for us. It was also the time to find out the gender of the baby.

The scan lasted for about 15-20 minutes. From the head down to the toes, each one was shown and explained to us. Everything was normal!!! Thank God for that. The kidneys, heart, number of toes/fingers, no cleft chin, bladder, etc. Heartbeat at 160 RPM, good amniotic fluid, and no placenta previa.

Then the gender, we are having a baby girl. As in this is 100% sure because she showed it several times during the scan. She was also very active the whole time, she kept on moving around that's why the ob-sonologist had to keep on chasing her to be able to show us each part.

When I heard that everything was normal and that we will be having a baby girl, I was teary eyed. I actually wanted to cry but I tried hard not to because I was embarrassed. I am really having a hard time expressing how happy I am right now. Its similar to how I felt when I found out I was pregnant.

After the holidays, we will start buying all her stuff. Also, we need to settle her name as well. Since hubby and I have been calling the baby Rico since she was weeks old, all the while thinking that the baby is a boy. So now I refer to her as little girl or baby girl since we don't have a name yet.

My prayer right now is to continue having a healthy pregnancy, safe delivery and a baby for each of the couple who has been trying to conceive.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really so happy for you. Take care always!

I am still TTC, my ist IVF was cancelled because i was not responding to the meds. We're really praying for the best, and if God really wants us to proceed, He'll definitely lead us to the right path.

I'll pray for your safe pregnancy.

betya72

Rhoda said...

Thanks betya.

Don't worry, your time will come in Gods will. Just like what happened to us, it was just the right time and place.

I'll keep on praying for you and for those trying to conceive as well.

just another wife said...

hi sis!

finally ive heard from you. I started to get worried with your long silence but I ve always included you in my prayers. I am happy to hear about your healthy pregnancy. My friend harriet who owns another blog www.talkingaboutpcos.blogdrive.com , gave birth to a baby girl too last Tuesday. It took her three years to get pregnant.

Anyway, I wish you happy holidays and the best all throughout the pregnancy.

Rhoda said...

sorry sis ivy, super tamad lang talaga ako the past few months.

yup, thank God that everything is going well with my pregnancy. just praying na magtuloy-tuloy ang healthy pregnancy :)

happy holidays to you and your family as well and may the new year bring you the greatest blessing of all :)

Krystal D. said...

I just wanted to say that we've been trying to conceive for about 3 years now, and your blog has really helped me. We didn't have the money for any fertility treatments, like Clomid, etc. I was ovulating, them wasn't and it was just weird. We are still trying. We've basically put it in God's hands. I'm VERY irregular, but I am a week, well, tomorrow 8 days late. I refuse to test until at least two weeks, because I don't want to get my hopes up, and I am afraid to. So thank you for your blog. I am soooo happy for you.

Rhoda said...

Hi Krystal, I'm glad that I was able to help you in my own little way.

Don't loose hope and just trust Gos. He has a plan for everybody, He just has His own timing.

Good luck and I hope its a good sign :)

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....